Tuesday 7 May 2013

Hey London....

Where do I even start to write a beginning to my end here? With not that much time left in London, I figure now is the time to get my feelings out there while it’s still not too upsetting to say. It will be short sweet and to the point, for no words can truly sum up the feelings I’ve conjured up whilst I’ve lived here. This place has become my home quicker than I could ever imagine. I’ve spent the past years of my life devising ways of making it to this beautiful country and when I found out I’d finally get that opportunity there were no words to express just how blessed I was with this chance. The moment I stepped out of the underground and saw Big Ben, a sight I’ve been dreaming of seeing for what feels like forever, I finally was able to breath a sigh of relief at finally feeling like I’ve found the place for me. I’ve become the person I’ve always wanted to be. In a sense growing into who I’ve always dreamed of becoming: independent, no longer a shy little girl living her years out in Jersey. I’m not afraid to put myself out there, I’ve been able to do more things by myself and can now walk around London with an air of confidence I’ve never had before. That is something I will forever be indebted to this city for.

 Living here has given me the chance to see more things then most will ever see in a lifetime & these past months will forever live on as the best of my life, nothing will change that. The people I’ve met on this journey are people I will cherish forever. I’ve been lucky enough to make friendships that will last a lifetime. It's a lot harder to utter the words goodbye or at least think of uttering them. I don't like goodbyes, they always feel to final, so I can hope that someday soon we'll meet again for if it's meant to happen it will find a way.

The people here in London have been welcoming to say the least and I’ll miss actually being able to have a conversation with someone and not have it sound so structured. I’ll miss the atmosphere of this country, the easy way of life; one I know I’m truly meant for. I can’t wait to move back here and start my life off the way I know I’ve always been intended to. I’ve found the place I can truly call my home and will be counting down the days until I’m reunited. So London this isn’t goodbye, it’s just us taking a break from one another for a bit.


So on that note, thanks everyone for taking the time to read my rambles, it’s been a pleasure showing you my experiences near and far. Till next time. Cheers.


 Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment